Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Split

Here are a few pictures of the 'spring split'.  The bees wintered well and needed room to spread out.  Some had shallows added (I didn't go with them to that set of hives so no pictures...) but I do have some pictures of this hive being split.



Checking for a queen cell.
Yes, there is one so that one went into the new hive.



Lots of brood at all different ages.







So what was one is now two.
The fellows will go up in about two weeks and split the remaining hives.
Our fruit trees and the fruit trees all around us are in full bloom.
So there is lots for the bees to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is so interesting. Someday maybe I will have the courage to do it. Many people in our area are beekeeping now and it is wonderful.Anyway, I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blog!

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! DH and the boys aren't a bit hesitant. They suit up and work. My end is the straining, bottling, and wax cleaning. And sometimes a photo or two.
      Blessings,
      Robin aka a little bird

      Delete